Lafayette

I guess I'm stuck in Lafayette once again.
It seems like it has become a welcome friend.
I tried to leave here once with my closest friend.
But I'm stuck in Lafayette once again.

It was the first time that I met her.
She was blonde haired, freckled, tall..
Pronouncing truth just like an angel.
A Latte' dream flown in for fall.

I said: "Howdy, how ya doin?"
She said: "Fine there, How 'bout you?"
I said: "Great, I like your scar."
And she turned red from head to shoe.

Now we're northbound for St. Paul,
In the beat up Volkswagen.
'Till we broke down on the highway.
You can tell we're on the ball.

We called help, it wasn't coming.
Just our luck, it started raining.
Now the van is just a lifeboat,
And we're stuck in Lafayette.

I guess we're stuck in Lafayette once again.
It seems like pain has become our closest friend.
We tried to leave here once with nothing but a grin.
Getting stuck in Lafayette over again.


Copyright 2003 by pauly hart

No comments: