Pain and joy in a rusty blender

The choices we must make from day to day are astonishing. So many things to do, and so little time. Surprisingly, there seems to be a rising number of simple little "things" that we can do in each day. So many activities steal my heart today that it seems there is little time left over for people. Seemingly, the times when I choose the right thing to do, the wrong thing would have been easier and would have saved more time. But I know that I must not choose the wrong way, for in that way leads death. Doesn't the old proverb ring true that "the grass is always greener on the other side"? Well, that all depends on where you are looking. If you are always looking at what could have been, you will feel discontentment with where you are at right now. Why is it that we persist in looking "over there" when we could live in the here and now, if we choose. But why aren't we satisfied? Why doesn't the quest end?

I will tell you the reasons that I have found to be true. I feel that our primary dissatisfaction comes from our unhappiness in God. The reason that we don't ever "feel like it", is because we are not looking to the One who gave us the ability to feel to begin with. The only way to experience living peace is to live in peace. To live inside of him, and his perfect will. That is where we will find our life-long security. In him is where we will find our peace. In Him is where the meaning of life is. In Him is life and that life is the light of all men. In Him we can throw all of our pains away and find true joy. For He can turn our shallow days into a deepening river of ardent truthfulness. Let us not live our lives as the world does theirs, but let us live our lives as Christ lived his. The John 17 way. For what is life but a long string of connected experiences that lead towards a common purpose.

Let's face it. The only thing that you have to do is die. You don't have to accept life. Life would be short and hard, but you really don't want to just give up do you? No, generally people want what is (or what they think is) best for them. The only thing that I find confusing is why people don't accept and fear God. What will it take to convince these cold-hearted critics (a better name might be truth-obliterators). I figure they are too involved with their own sofa logic philosophies, that they wouldn't give Jesus the time of day. Oh, why is the world so full of people who make stupid choices? I know that, in my own life, I find that I must choose Gods way instead of my way. I've only been here around 25 years or so, and He's been here for a Trillion or two. So I look to Him for my important choices. I pray that as I live my life, more and more, that I can choose the one who first chose me.


Copyright 2003 by pauly hart

No comments: