Star Wars: The Clone Wars: "Darth Maul Returns"


Star Wars: The Clone Wars: "Darth Maul Returns"

Pauly Hart
March 25, 2014



Someone told me that Darth Maul had spider legs. I was like: NAHHHHH. So I googled it. Wow. Then I had to go watch some stuff to prove that I wasn't an idiot.

Awesome and oh man...

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: "Darth Maul Returns" is such an intense movie. So much happening, I was a little blown away and saddened again that Disney now controls the Midi-chlorians.

It's actually the beginning of the rebirth of Darth Maul so the Clone Wars marketers just put all four episodes together and sold it as a movie. The Saga will continue soon with the conclusion in Dark Horse Comics: Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, so I am really looking forward to that...

But back to the movie...

So... Asajj Ventress is the Dark Acolyte of Darth Tyranus's, who we all call Count Dooku and is kicking Boba Fett's butt when he was a young bounty hunter.

More interestingly and importantly we get to see the destruction of the Darksisters of Dathomir by General Grievous, which is a rare gem in the lore of the force: The Darksisters rule the planet. They are a lost tribe of the old Sith, they utilized the planet of Dathomir to do some really interesting things with the force; including metalurgic surgery, exorcism, voodoo and necromancy. Neat.

I only wish there could have been a Rancor in the film (they are from Dathomir anyways).

The only part I really had a problem with was the unkempt growth of Darth Maul's horns when his brother, Savage Opress found him. Savage was doing some interesting stuff with betraying everyone and there is some tie-ins again with the Darkbrothers as well as Ventress, and that continues more in the Clone Wars.

There's a lot of fluff in the clone wars animated series, but the epic showdowns usually pay off - especially in the Darth Maul story.

This is by far the best collection of works since episode three and four of the movies and even though all of the clone wars (animated series and movie) takes place between episode one and two, it is nice to see things as they mostly were before Darth Vader. it was nice to see Mace Windu and Yoda too.

Pretty good flick.

I leave you with this quote:

"You know, when I cut you in half, I should have aimed for your neck instead." - Obi Wan Kenobi